Coarse Blunt Horsehair Brushes -Grey Horsehair
About These Brushes:
These brushes have a short bristle length of about 1.75" and are very coarse. The key to this type of brush is having a short, coarse bristle, that is shaped flat on top. I designed the bristle head shape with the idea of maximizing the area of contact with the surface of the painting and creating stiff bristles that can hold up to more vigorous mark-making. The coarseness of the bristle makes this brush an excellent choice for creating texture and subtle lines - It was designed to work with Cold Wax, but can be used with a variety of other media.
- 100% grey horsehair
- Leather hanging strap
- 1.5" - 1.75" blunt bristle
- #1 Blunt - 1.75" Bristle with a natural wood end $129
- #2 Blunt - 1.5" Bristle Leather hanging strap $99
- #3 Blunt - 1.75" Bristle with a reed wood end $119
Clean-Up Information for Oil-Based Media:
- Use a common art solvent (such as odorless paint thinner) to remove paint/cold wax, then wash thoroughly with a mild soap such as Dove or Murphy's Oil Soap to remove all residual solvent and media.
- Use your fingers/palm to rub the bristles to remove the residual media from the brush head.
- Never leave your brush or tool sitting in-solvent
- Clean after every use.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean and rinse off the solvent. Leaving solvent on without removing it with water and soap will damage the brush.
- Use a clean towel to remove any residual moisture, shape the head, and hang by the strap to dry