Coarse White Blunt Horsehair Sumi-e Brush #130
This brush has a short blunt coarse bristle head shape. These types of brushes are great for glazing, moving thicker paint/media, stippling, working well with cold wax, etc. This is a large, chunky paintbrush, that will make large dynamic marks or fine cross hatched lines etc.
The handle has an intricate carved geometric design and leather hanging strap. These brushes are great workhorses, that can take aggressive mark-making.
About The Brush
This brush has a 3" blunt, coarse white horsehair bristle head and leather hanging strap.
- Coarse blunt horsehair bristle
- Leather hanging strap
- 8" bamboo handle
- Bristlehead 3"
Clean-Up Information for Oil Based Media:
- Use a common art solvent (such as odorless paint thinner) to remove paint/cold wax, then wash thoroughly with a mild soap such as Dove or Murphy's Oil Soap to remove all residual solvent and media.
- Use your fingers/palm to rub the bristles to remove the residual media from the brush head.
- Never leave your brush or tool sitting in-solvent
- Clean after every use.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean and rinse off the solvent. Leaving solvent on without removing it with water and soap will damage the brush.
- Use a clean towel to remove any residual moisture, shape the head, and hang by the strap to dry