Semi-Coarse Mixed Blunt Horsehair Sumi-e Brush #104
This brush has a short blunt semi-coarse mixed horsehair bristle head. These types of brushes are great for glazing, moving thicker paint/media, stippling, working well with cold wax, etc.
The handle has a natural ribbed growth pattern and a black bamboo ferrule. It also has a bead embellishment on the end and a leather hanging strap.
About The Brush
This brush has a 1.5" blunt, semi-coarse mixed horsehair bristle head and leather hanging strap.
- Semi-coarse blunt horsehair bristle
- Leather hanging strap
- 7.5" burned-in striped handle design
- Bristlehead 1.5"
Clean-Up Information for Oil Based Media:
- Use a common art solvent (such as odorless paint thinner) to remove paint/cold wax, then wash thoroughly with a mild soap such as Dove or Murphy's Oil Soap to remove all residual solvent and media.
- Use your fingers/palm to rub the bristles to remove the residual media from the brush head.
- Never leave your brush or tool sitting in-solvent
- Clean after every use.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean and rinse off the solvent. Leaving solvent on without removing it with water and soap will damage the brush.
- Use a clean towel to remove any residual moisture, shape the head, and hang by the strap to dry