Copper Wire Brush with Bamboo Handle
This listing is for a "Made To Order" (please allow 3 working days) copper wire bristles "metal" brush with a bamboo handle. This brush was designed to be able to hold up to the more assertive mark-making needs of some artists. The copper wire bristles have been shaped and polished so that they are pointed but not rough. While this brush was made specifically for cold wax, it will of course work with a wide variety of media including, encaustic, gel mediums, etc.
The brush has a leather hanging strap and copper embellishment near the brush head.
- The handle is @ 7” - 8” in length
- Copper wire bristles are between 1" and 1.5" in length
- Use a common art solvent (such as odorless paint thinner) to remove paint/cold wax, then wash with a mild soap such as Dove or Murphy's Oil Soap to remove any residual media.
- Use your fingers/palm to rub the wire bristles to remove the residual media from the brush head.
- Never leave sitting in-solvent
- Make sure to thoroughly clean and rinse off the solvent. Leaving solvent on without removing it with water and soap can damage the brush.
Share this Product
I haven't yet had a chance to try this with cold wax painting, just acrylic, but even with acrylic, it's such a lovely, quirky tool and makes some really cool marks!
This mark making tool is beautifully crafted and works wonderfully on oil & cold wax artwork. It's not heavy and fits in my hand comfortably.