Auburn Horsehair Sumi-e Paintbrush With Ceramic Ferrule #SPB102
This brush has a bamboo handle and a high-quality semi-coarse auburn horsehair bristle. The brush has a ceramic ferrule and leather hanging strap. The high-quality auburn horsehair is semi-coarse, has great flex, strong spring, and will make a wide variety of marks, from wide/dynamic to very fine. Because the bristle is coarse, this brush can also create fine lines and unexpected marks.
- This brush is an excellent choice for artists that are interested in working large, with ink or other media.
- The brush head is big 6" in length
- The brush has a traditional tapered shape
The brush has:
- A leather hanging strap
- The ferrule is ceramic
Traditional Sumi-e style bristle head:
- The auburn horsehair is 6" in length
- The Handle is 13" in length
My brushes are made to create a vast array of marks. When I make a brush I think about all aspects of the tool: how it looks, how it feels in the hand, and how it paints - to ensure that the end product is a true "fine art tool".
(Click on Images For Care Instructions)