White Goat Hair Sumi-e Paint Brush With Curled White Birch Bark Ferrule
This brush was made with bamboo and my premium white goat hair. The brush ferrule was made using a piece of curled white birch bark. To ensure the ferrule is strong, I coated the bark with a strong, clear epoxy. The super-premium white goat hair is very soft, super absorbent, has great flex, strong spring, and will make a wide variety of marks, from wide/dynamic to very fine.
The bristle is cut with a rounded curve (mop shape) which is good for:
This has an extremely soft white goat hair bristle that is perfect for blending and softening.
- Bristles will stay soft when wet
- Ideal for creating background color or sky washes
- Useful for blending or softening color
- Can be used with oils, acrylic, or watercolor.
The brush has:
- A leather hanging strap
- The ferrule is made with white birch bark bark
- The white premium goat hair is 3.25" in length
- The bamboo handle is 12" in length
My brushes are made to create a vast array of marks. When I make a brush I think about all aspects of the tool: how it looks, how it feels in the hand, and how it paints - to ensure that the end product is a true "fine art tool".