"Flat" Fiber Brush - 9" Wide
This listing is for a "made to order" flat fiber brush with natural wood handle or bamboo handle. This brush will have a bamboo or driftwood handle that is @ 11" wide and bristles that are 4" in length. The bristle is cut in straight with which allows the artist to brush across the surface of the painting using the flat edge to create lines and texture. This fiber brush can create aggressive textures and lines. It can easily move through the cold wax but is also very good with ink, paint, and gel mediums.
- Each brush I make will be different, photos here are for reference only. Your brush, however, will be as beautiful :)
The example here is done with India ink.
Clean-Up Information for non-water based medium, such as cold wax:
- Use a common art solvent (such as odorless paint thinner) to remove paint/cold wax, then wash with a mild soap such as Dove or Murphy's Oil Soap to remove any residual media.
- Use your fingers to rub the fibers together to loosen and remove the residual media from the brush head.
Click on the image below to see a review by Sally Hirst of my 5 most popular flat fiber tools and brushes including this one.
*Please allow 4 working days to produce and ship brush
- Use a common art solvent (such as orderless paint thinner) to remove paint/cold wax, then wash with a mild soap such as Dove or Murphy's Oil Soap to remove any residual media.
- Use your fingers/palm to rub the wire bristles to remove the residual media from the brush head.
- Never leave sitting in-solvent
- Make sure to thoroughly clean and rinse off the solvent. Leaving solvent on without removing it with water and soap can damage the brush