White Goat Hair Sumi-e Paint Brush #2
This brush was made with a piece of driftwood from Flathead lake and my premium white goat hair. The super-premium white goat hair is very soft, super absorbent has great flex, and will make a wide variety of marks, from wide/dynamic to very fine.
The bristle is cut with a rounded curve (mop shape).
This has an extremely soft white goat hair bristle that is perfect for blending and softening.
- Bristles will stay soft when wet
- Ideal for creating background color or sky washes
- Useful for blending or softening color
- Can be used with oils, acrylic, watercolor, etc.
- A leather hanging strap
- The handle is wormwood
- The white premium goat hair is 2.75" in length
- The bamboo handle is 12" in length
My brushes are made to create a vast array of marks. When I make a brush I think about all aspects of the tool: how it looks, how it feels in the hand, and how it paints - to ensure that the end product is a true "fine art tool".